Still no art. I really want to do some art next week so I don’t have to show another diagram again. Still the testing part is taking a while (which is expected). I reworked the cards to fit the tutorial and did some more testing. I think it’s moving in the right direction and I got more useful feedback again. I’ll repeat this again from last week: making it as easy as possible for people to understand the rules is very important for me.
I’ve realized that making people understand a physical card game is a lot harder than a digital card game. Of course there will be a digital version of Kards but the physical version must work on it’s own as well. It also doesn’t help that the current physical guides I have are really bad.
What’s next: updating the tutorial from the feedback, looking at the some rules to simplify them if possible, hopefully more testing and a promise of some new art next week.