Below is a link to a HTML file that has some CSS and code for starting a mobile friendly email. Here are also some tips:
- Don’t use margins: Outlook doesn’t like it
- Padding: give the containing table a width but no padding and then the inner table’s data cell padding but no width.
- No padding on images, again Outlook. Use padding on the containing td.
- Giving spans a display:block doesn’t work (outlook)
- Give images px widths on desktop, otherwise they could mess up the % widths of the tds.
- I use http://inliner.cm/ to convert my css into inline css